Re: (ASCEND) The comparison of 4048 to PM3

At 10:47 PM 2/22/98 -0800, Bennie Warren wrote:
>I was kinda curious why no one has really made a comment on the
>comparison of the 4048 to the PM3. If those numbers are right why would
>anyone buy a 4048? If the numbers aren't right why isn't ascend doing
>anything about it? I am a happy ascend customer but, this is the first
>I've seen of numbers like the comparison charts. Those charts only show
>23 channels going, how about 48? I am just getting ready to buy 2 more
>4048's should I be looking at PM3's instead. Any insight on this would be
>greatful. I would really like ascend to tell us all something like the
>tests were not done right on something.

Ascend sales do have access to an informal rebuttal to the testing. We do
not want to get into a full-bore name-calling match on the 'net over tests
that many customers just don't take any notice of anyway.

Look at it this way, LanQuest, The Tolley Group as well as various Magazine
review teams have reviewed the MAX40xx, USR-TC, AS5x00, PM3 (more recently)
and in each case the results were different. In many cases, the vendor
who sponsored the test always came out on top (I'm making no accusations
here, just observations). Draw your own conclusions.

Kevin

Follow-Ups: References: