Re: (ASCEND) 128K connection from Pipe50 to Cisco3620 BRI

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul S. Nazario <nazario@guernsey.doit.wisc.edu>
To: ascend-users@bungi.com <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 3:27 PM
Subject: (ASCEND) 128K connection from Pipe50 to Cisco3620 BRI

>On behalf of a friend, I'm trying to figure out how to connect a
>pipeline50 to a Cisco3620 BRI port and have both B channels work.
>
>What the guy who is trying this reports, is that when the second B
>channel tries to dial, it gets a busy signal.  It's as though it tried
>to dial the first B channel which was already up.
>
>Any ideas on how to get a 128K connection into a Cisco.  What he wants
>is a permanent 128K dialed connection.

This sounds like your friend does not have his two B channels setup in a
hunt group. When they are setup in a hunt group if you dial one channel and
it is busy, it will automatically dial the other channel. Your friend's
telco has to set this up on their side. This is a standard feature. I had a
similar problem connecting with a Cisco 4000.

Joe

Joseph Kulig                         Phone: 216-425-1313 x3360
Clinical Development Group             FAX: 216-425-1410
Hitachi Medical Systems America      email: jkulig@cdg.hitachimed.com