Re: (ASCEND) NavisAccess cannot manage a Max 4000 !

Hi Ricardo,

The IP address that the Max is displayed by - can you ping it from the NT
machine you have NA installed on?
If yes, then if you look in the MAX - what is the RO SNMP community string?
 Is this what you are using in NA to discover the device - remember it is
case sensitive.

Also, What you can do to check if you can do snmp to the device. - compile
the RFCs as well as the Ascend MIBs, Then from NA main toolbar go to TOOLS
> MIB Broweser.   Select [New] to create a new mib profile and select from
the mib tree the SYSTEM info. - so [add] and the system info variables will
be placed in the lower box, select the type of variables from the drop down
selection (table/column).  Give it a name and save the profile.

You'll now be up at the MIB Browser screen with a little icon for this MIB
Profile you created.  Select it, and then click on the IP Address option
and put in the ip address we are trying to discover this device by, and
choose [run] - it should return the uptime, sysname and sysobjid among
other stuff - IF you can do SNMP to the device.

Usually, when NA cannot discover a device it is because of a mismatched
community string between what is on the device and in NA, or because of an
access list on the device permitting only certain IP addresses to get to it
or something along those lines...

Hope this helps,

Donna