Re: (ASCEND) Re: v.90

At 07:53 PM 2/27/98 -0800, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>At 06:38 PM 2/27/98 -0800, Peter Lalor wrote:
>>Hmm. This must mean that:
>>
>>A: The v.90 code is _really_ bad.

It means that it needs a lot of testing. First they have to get it running
properly in the lab. This takes a while and they do all sorts of stress
testing. Then it has to be tested in the real world. As we are all
painfully aware, phone line quality varies quite a bit. As do the central
offices.

So they test in all sorts of locations like the ones I've listed below in
order of quality...

Silicon Valley
Chicago
New York