Re: (ASCEND) SNMP to find maximum usage?

Christiaan,

The callStatusHighWaterMark is what you want ...

enterprises.Ascend.callStatusGroup.callStatusHighWaterMark

    callStatusHighWaterMark OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX		INTEGER
	ACCESS		read-write
	STATUS		mandatory
	DESCRIPTION	"The highest number of channels ever used on the
			 wide area network since power up. Nailed channels,
                         if any, are also included in this count. Its value
can
			 be set to zero with a SET command."
	::= { callStatusGroup 3 }

Regards,

dean

At 10:57 AM 6/2/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Has anyone got an idea how to get the maximum number of concurrent active
calls
>on a MAX or TNT per day sensibly via SNMP?
>
>We currently track number of active modems via SNMP queries every 5
minutes using the
>oid of 1.3.6.1.4.1.529.10.5.0 to get CurrentActiveCalls. The problem is you
>miss peaks in the 5 minute period where you don't do any queries - setting
the
>query time to shorter seems a bit silly and seems like unnecessary load.
>
>Some way of doing a query and just getting 'maximum number in use since last
>reset' would be very handy.
>
>Any ideas appreciated...

Follow-Ups: References: