(ASCEND) [Q] DSLPipe S as COE and CPE ?

I see in the documentation for the DSLPipe that the unit
may be configured as COE by placing a jumper in the correct
location.  In fact, we've played with this with some luck in
a laboratory environment.

The question is this: has anyone any experience with the DSLPipe
as CO equipment?  Will the DSLPipe, configured in such a manner
function in a real-world setting as a low-end, low-cost DSL router?

We are relying on our MAXEN for such implementation but I am
curious if a reliable, feasible SDSL connection can be established
using only two DSLPipes.

Thanks.
Tracy Hinshaw, DWX