Re: (ASCEND) Is it ftik 6.1 bugged?

Mauricio Teixeira <mauricio@amazonline.com.br> wrote:

>       I've seen a lot of complains regarding problems with ftik.*
>version 6.1.0, but never seen about other loads...

>       Should I consider it a ftik.* bug, or anyone else had similar
>problems with other loads?

We have none of these problems with the E1 version, although we
do have a bunch of others:

- High number of LAN security errors (c=101) during peak hours,
  no TR yet (saw this since the 5.0Ap releases, appears to get
  worse)
- V.90 connect problems and carrier loss (this was to be expected)
- same for K56flex
- TR 2273 since 6.0.0 (Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = Shared-Profile-Yes
  not working with rlogin type accounts since)

>       I use eik.m40 (btw, v6.1 is not on ftp, was it renamed to ei.m40?)
>version 6.0.2, considering an upgrade to 6.1.0, but I'm not sure if it's a
>good idea.

You first need to load reik.m40 (restricted load) and after the
first boot feik.m40. The exact procedures are in the release notes.

>What do you all think?

It's not *too* bad, so you might give it a try :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht      AllCon GmbH        http://www.allcon.net/
Network Administration  Westerallee 139    Tel:  +49 461 90393-0