Re: (ASCEND) ascend radius on linux Still gettiing errors

Michael Dickens wrote:

> I'll make the 'assumption' that this is the same error that occurrs when
> compiling Apache on some Linux installations..
>
> You'll need to put libcrypt.a onto the EXTRALIBS line of the Makefile
>
> eg: EXTRA_LIBS=/usr/lib/libcrypt.a
>
> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Jeff Burson wrote:
>

> > Good morning all,
> >
> > I'm attempting to compile Ascend's radius on linux. However, during
> > compilation, I get the following error:
> >
> > radiusd.o: In function `unix_pass':
> > /home/src/radius/radius-971222/radius-1.16-ascend/ascendd/./radiusd.c:3924:
> > unde
> > fined reference to `crypt'
> > make: *** [radiusd] Error 1
> >
> > Any ideas as to cause/solution? Pertinent info on my setup is below:
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> >
> > Jeff

I'm still not getting it to compile.  I also have redhat 5.0I'm getting these
errors.

make dbm
gcc              -g -Dsys5 -DNOSHADOW -DBINARY_FILTERS -DASCEND_SECRET
-DASCEND_LOGOUT  -DDBM_MODE -o usersdbm.o -c ./users.c

./users.c: In function `fetch_user_data':
./users.c:214: warning: assignment discards `const' from pointer target
type
./users.c:216: incompatible types in assignment
./users.c:225: incompatible types in assignment
make: *** [usersdbm.o] Error 1

I'm getting frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Or maybe I could beg
you to send me the compiled bianary??    I'd give my eye teeth for a "Radius.db"
compiled on RedHat 5.0

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.