Re: (ASCEND) ASCEND EUROPEAN SALES/MAINTENANCE SUPPORT

On 03 June 1998, Ian Cowley <icowley@lsil.com> wrote:
> Y'all
>
> I would be interesetd to see if anyone else has been having the same
> problems as we have.
>
> We are a small corporate, with respect to RAS requirements and in
> comparision to ISPs.
> I am responsible for the European end.
>
> I have tried unsuccessfully for nearly 8 weeks to obtain distributors in
> Scandinavia from Ascend UK and Ascend Scandinavia.  I have fax'd Ascend
> in Sweden and a list of distributors I found from another source, with
> my requirements and have had no response.

Don't expect Ascend Scandinavia (Sweden) sales/marketing department to
know much regarding anything. They certainly doesn't know when ascend
products are available in our part of the world. This is based on our
experience regarding availability of Version 2 HW of Pipline 75 (was
"promised" Oct 97, availability postponed severeral times, finally
arrived May 98, 6 months later than initailly promised....).

It wasn't only between Ascend and us. I talked several times with the
2 distributors in Sweden, and some resellers/retail etc.. They couldn't get
any reliable info from Ascend Scandinavia, regarding this particular
problem, either!

> Should I be paranoid...THEY ALL HATE ME!....or is this typical?
>
> In the mean time I am going to approach CISCO.

Here are the 2 Swedish Ascend distributors I know of (I think they only
distribute Ascend equipment to resellers/retail-stores etc).:

    Axnet AB
    http://www.axnet.se/

    Au-System
    http://www.ausys.se/
    http://www.powerbit.com/  (Communication products etc).

They should be able to provide you with an reseller list. If not, here are
some reseller companies I have found:

  Salcom
  http://www.salcom.se/  (Entire Ascend product portfolio..).

  Scribona
  http://www.scribona.se/

  Computer 2000
  http://www.c2000.se/

> IanC
>
> --

/Falk
--
 Thomas Falk Claezon             ERICSSON, AXE Research and Development
 Phone:   +46 8  727 34 12       Box 1505

 PGP Public Key:  http://www.elfi.adbkons.se/~falk/PGP.html
 PGP Fingerprint: 0E 0F 39 7C 1D C4 7E 2C  66 DB 20 49 9B DB BB 56