(ASCEND) Our Ascend MAX 40XX electrical fire..???

Well, just got in to find our Ascend MAX 4000 (641xxx)
with K56Flex modems (upgrade) has just burnt up from
an apparent electrical fire!

We keep our server room around 65 degrees... and fans
blowing across all of our MAX units... but, apparently,
this doesn't help.

All of our MAX units have been purchased around a year
or less... the initial call to Ascend at 9:00 a.m. CST...
has revealed that we may have to buy a replacement!?
What's the deal?

I have seen numerous posts in this list... about MAX 4000s
burning up... and sales people from Cisco, etc. ALWAYS tell
me this when they call-- "Hey, you know those MAX units are
KNOWN to catch fire.. you should consider a Cisco solution".
or "you know Ascend doesn't handle a network load as well
as Cisco."

If it is suggested we have to "purchase" another unit...
as it was with my first initial phone call to Ascend...
to replace a unit that apparently has a flaw in its
design... we're going to look elsewhere for our network
needs.

I'm waiting on a Ascend RMA call back... they get in
around 10:00 CST.

--Nolan

~~ System Administrator
~~ CP-Tel Network Services