Re: (ASCEND) Our Ascend MAX 40XX electrical fire..???

We got K56 upgrades for our 19 Max4004s....we were told of a power supply
issue with 400Xs with SN #s that were less than 645 I believe....
Ascend replaced all 19 for free......one of the old ones did end up
exploding b/4 we replaced it....what are you S/Ns???

Good Luck

Rob

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Nolan W. Bailey, Jr. wrote:

> Well, just got in to find our Ascend MAX 4000 (641xxx)
> with K56Flex modems (upgrade) has just burnt up from
> an apparent electrical fire!
>
> We keep our server room around 65 degrees... and fans
> blowing across all of our MAX units... but, apparently,
> this doesn't help.
>
> All of our MAX units have been purchased around a year
> or less... the initial call to Ascend at 9:00 a.m. CST...
> has revealed that we may have to buy a replacement!?
> What's the deal?
>
> I have seen numerous posts in this list... about MAX 4000s
> burning up... and sales people from Cisco, etc. ALWAYS tell
> me this when they call-- "Hey, you know those MAX units are
> KNOWN to catch fire.. you should consider a Cisco solution".
> or "you know Ascend doesn't handle a network load as well
> as Cisco."
>

> If it is suggested we have to "purchase" another unit...
> as it was with my first initial phone call to Ascend...
> to replace a unit that apparently has a flaw in its
> design... we're going to look elsewhere for our network
> needs.
>
> I'm waiting on a Ascend RMA call back... they get in
> around 10:00 CST.
>
> --Nolan
>

> ~~ System Administrator
> ~~ CP-Tel Network Services