Re: (ASCEND) Our Ascend MAX 40XX electrical fire..???

At 12:27 PM 6/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>We got K56 upgrades for our 19 Max4004s....we were told of a power supply
>issue with 400Xs with SN #s that were less than 645 I believe....
>Ascend replaced all 19 for free......one of the old ones did end up
>exploding b/4 we replaced it....what are you S/Ns???

Our situation was similar.  Check the fans, that was the issue they brought
up with us.  If they only have 3 fans, they are prone to burning up.  (One
of our really old ones only has a single fan.)

We had 3 or 4 fry before getting them replaced...

 Eric

Follow-Ups: References: