(ASCEND) 4000 as backup

We were trying to think if there was a way we could use our Max 4000 in a
backup scenario.
Our Cisco 3640 in Dublin has a frame connection to AT&T and subif's going
to a number of
smaller offices in Europe.  In the event of link failure either at Dublin
or one of the other sites -
we're looking to have a backup solution.

Because we use EIGRP we can't just have a Euro site call Dublin and let the
Max take care of
routing for a while.   Our theorized solution would look like this...

Paris has a Cisco2501 with a TA hanging off of it.

So in the event of frame relay failure - it brings up and ISDN call to the
Max 4002 in Dublin.

Then (somehow) the Max 4002 recognizes that the ISDN call is coming from
Paris and so all of
the data traffic is then sent by serial connection at layer 2 to the Cisco
3640.  The 3640 then handles
all the routing.

It seems as though the Max 4002 does a similar thing with a video call.  It
gets the (say) 6 channel call and then shunts
that data stream off to a PictureTel RPS amplifier and then onto the
PitureTel video conf. gear.

Anyhow - is it possible the proposed scenario could work?  Thoughts are
appreciated.

Michael Medwid
Symantec