Re: (ASCEND) Mickey Mouse coded 6.1

 Hmm.. It's time to upload to Goofy Code 1.0 :), I haven't seen
this problem yet, But it may all relate back to the same problem
MEMORY LEAK. Maybe the box just doesn't have enough memory to
sent the auth request, I have seen this problem w/ 6.1, It was also the
same time the box wouldn't even accept a telnet request.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Tim Jung wrote:

> Here are some more mickey mouse problems for you guys to think about. I have
> users who sometimes can connect via RADIUS and other times can not connect via
> RADIUS. Then I also have other users who can connect every time with no problem.
> The radius server has not changed in awhile so it wouldn't be that problem. It
> only started happening after I upgraded to 6.1.0 and the fact that sometimes it
> works and other times it doesn't is driving me crazy. I doubt it is the Winsock
> issue because they eventually can get connected, which I don't think the Winsock
> issue would allow them to connect at all if I read the update docs correctly. I
> also am not getting any error messages in my radius log files about bad user
> names etc.
>
> I have 5 of the Max4048's doing this. If anyone has any ideas as to why this
> would be happening let me know.
>
> Tim Jung
> System Admin
> Internet Gateway Inc.