Re: Re:(ASCEND) P50's supported any longer.

At 09:14 AM 6/12/98 +0100, Mats Nilson wrote:
>How can you stop supporting products that stopped delivering to
>Europe(Sweden) for not more than a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!***!!!!?????
>(i.e. model with switch)

Who said we stopped supporting it? I simply stated that it is not
included in the latest branch (6.1), though we will continue to *support*
it with maintenance releases as needed (quote):

>The older models are no longer getting new features (the 6.X branch),
>but we continue supporting them with patch releases on the 5.1ApXX branch.
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++

I should have said the 6.1 branch, as we did release some of the older models
in the 6.0.2 release.

>Very interesting...
>
>...what is Ascends definition of CUSTOMER SATISFACTION????

Hopefully it's included in my signature at least....

>I and Upnet would like to have an immediate answer to that now!

I think I did answer it from the start. Let me know if you have further
questions on this topic.

>Should we stop selling your products, since their lifespan couls be less
>than a month?

We *ARE STILL SUPPORTING* all of the products...even the old Pipeline 400s.
We just *CANNOT* force new features into a box that cannot take them!

>Maybye european customers are of no intrest of Ascend?

We have many offices throughout Europe that would care to differ with that
thought.

>This kind of "tough luck, sucker" attitude is devastating for Ascends
>reputation.

Sorry, I don't see that attitude here.

>Is also the fact that you have different models for some european
>countries, even though only one model is for EuroISDN some hidden over the
>border sales stopper?

Unfortunately, I don't understand what you are referring to here?

>Europe is one market and we need this information to provide the right
>equipment for every market.
>
>If we have an pan-european customer we need to provide the proper equipment.
>It SHOULD be in Ascends own intrest of providing just that information.

I'm definitely missing the drift of this....what information are you asking
for?

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.