Re: (ASCEND) Can a MAX4k handle a leased line?

> I have a 19.200bps leased line with a company in another city,
>with the modem plugged on a Cyclades MP/RA. But I need to get this shit
>off (the MP/RA :) and need another solution where I can put it. Questions:
>
> 1 - Is it possible to plug this leased line on the Serial port
>that exists on the back of my Max4000?

YES! I used it for a few months, with a 64K leased line (using PPP to
connect to a Cisco 7500 on the other end - local Telco)

> 2 - How much bandwidth does it can accept?

2MB, I guess. See the manual. BTW, DON'T use this serial port to heavy
traffic. I doubt MAX can handle full 56K connections AND routing IP packets
to/from serial port (19200 should not be a problem, although).

> The serial is unused, since the Max is connected to another router
>through a LAN.

One final comment: this configuration is *NOT* straightforward. I had a hard
time to make this thing work. I'll email you in a few days, after I rescue
all info about this config.