Re: (ASCEND) AT&T T1 - Pac Bell PRI - Definity - Max2012?

At 12:44 PM 6/18/98 -0700, Steve LaDuke wrote:
>Here is a question for the telco gurus:
>
>I currently have my Max2012 directly connected to Pac Bell PRI.
>It doesn't get much use.
>
>I am planning on connecting it to a Lucent Definity switch using PRI.
>The Pac Bell PRI moves to the Definity.
>A new AT&T T1 (Non PRI) line connects to the Definity.
>
>Question:  For modem users dialing a toll-free number, coming
>in over the AT&T T1 line will they be able to use Flex56 / V.90?

That should work. As long as the Definity doesn't convert to analog
anywhere. But the Definity can provision PRI rather than T1 if you want to
play it safe and make use of PRI called party numbers.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com

Follow-Ups: References: