Re: (ASCEND) AT&T T1 - Pac Bell PRI - Definity - Max2012?

At 03:58 PM 6/18/98 -0700, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>At 12:44 PM 6/18/98 -0700, Steve LaDuke wrote:
>>Here is a question for the telco gurus:
>>
>>I currently have my Max2012 directly connected to Pac Bell PRI.
>>It doesn't get much use.
>>
>>I am planning on connecting it to a Lucent Definity switch using PRI.
>>The Pac Bell PRI moves to the Definity.
>>A new AT&T T1 (Non PRI) line connects to the Definity.

Two incoming T1s one PRI, one non-isdn....should present no problems.
As long as you don't need to dial out?

>>Question:  For modem users dialing a toll-free number, coming
>>in over the AT&T T1 line will they be able to use Flex56 / V.90?
>
>That should work. As long as the Definity doesn't convert to analog
>anywhere. But the Definity can provision PRI rather than T1 if you want to
>play it safe and make use of PRI called party numbers.

The trunks are fully configurable on the PBX to ensure this. Be sure to
avoid "avd" - alternate-voice-data or something like that - caught us out
when we first did it on our own PBX.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.