Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 130 question

At 10:58 1998/06/19 -0500, Marcel Brown wrote:
>about 20% CLU. At about this CLU, I experience some packet loss when
>pinging it as well as long ping times and traceroute times.

if there _is_ congestion, ICMP (ping and trace) are the some of the
first to get dropped...

>This Pipeline 130 is connected to a Max4048 over a full T1 feed utilizing
>STAC compression. I'm on firmwave 5.1A.

I've heard that the stac compression sometimes can't keep up
with 1.5Mb/sec worth of data... try turning it off to see what happens.
Also, are you sure that none is getting lost on your ethernet?
is the P130 going to a switch or hub,
what is the percentage of colisions to total packets transmit?
any CRCs showing for the WAN link?

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D