Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access Control on FreeBSD?

> We're trying to get the BSDI/3.0 version of Ascend Access Control
> to run on FreeBSD 2.2.6 and encountering some commands and
> libraries
> referenced in the Ascend documentation (racc.pdf) vs. FreeBSD.
> Is this definitely a pointless exercise or can it be made to work
> properly with a bit of cleverness (and if so, please share the
> bits with us!).

Ascend Access Control is Merit AAA rehacked by Ascend.  Merit AAA has,
according to their developers, had stability issues with FreeBSD.

Whenever I ran it on FreeBSD (Ascend's or Merit's version compiled on
FreeBSD from source) I got random sig 11's.  The only think I was able
to do to make it semi functional is to run a perl keep-alive script
checking it every 15 seconds.  This is not to say that Merit hasn't
fixed this more recently as the last release I used was 3.5.0 of it.

Runs without incident on Linux and Solaris but had similar problems with
it on DECUnix, though not as frequent.

R. Marc