Re: (ASCEND) Tricky IP Pooling

I offer this advice peppered with disclaimers since I may not
fully understand your goal.  However, if you are utilizing a
RADIUS entry for every user, you can easily send two pools to
the same MAX and then use the Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool keyword.

Now, of course, if you are trying to do it with the DEFAULT
keyword, you won't be able to using the stock Ascend RADIUS.
There are several 3rd party RADIUS products which allow multiple
DEFAULT keyword entries, but I'm not sure if they can key off
of DNIS values?

pools-max  Password = "ascend"
        User-Service = Dialout-Framed-User,
        Ascend-IP-Pool-Definition = "1 1.1.1.1 62"
        Ascend-IP-Pool-Definition = "2 2.2.2.2 62"

pool1_user       Password = "xxx"
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 300,
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1
        Framed-Protocol = PPP