Re: (ASCEND) Max4000 and TWO telcos ?

>From: Shiloh Costa <costa@mdi.ca>
>If you have 23 Channels with one D on the first T1, with TELCO A
>...and you have another 23 channels with one D on the second T1,
>with TELCO B
>
>Is it possible to utilize two different Telcos on a Max4000 or Max4048 ?
>
>Basically we're locked into a contract with a more expensive PRI on the
>first Telco, and from now on we'll be buying from the second Telco.
>
>Is there any problems with this, or any loopholes to look out for ?

Your Max needs to take it's clock from a PRI (as opposed to a T1), but it
can't have two clock sources at the same time and the clocks on each of
your telcos aren't going to be in sync. This will cause frame slips and
poor throughput, etc.

Because of this, you'll need to have one of the telcos use your Max as
their clock source ("loop timing"), thereby syncing the two PRIs and your
Max together.

We went over this a while back. Search the archives at
http://www.nexial.nl/cgi-bin/ascend for "telco clock source loop timing" or
something similar.

I haven't done this with a 4000, but we take circuits from three telcos
into a TNT and this was crucial in eliminating timing problems.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/
415-459-7991 x102     415-459-7992 fax