Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Direct Connection between Channelized E1 interfaces.

Hi.

I want to connect directly between channelized E1 on cisco and
channelized E1 on FR
switch(Ascend B-STDX 9000).

I made the cable RX - TX, TX - RX (I'm not sure. I tried 4 combination.
^_^).

  [Cisco 7000 CH E1 port] ---------- [B-STDX 9000 CH E1 port]
                           ^ direct connection without any TELCO
devices.

After that, E1 connection (physical) is up.

# sh cont e1
E1 3/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
  No alarms detected.
  Framing is NO-CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Internal.
  Data in current interval (765 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail
Secs

# sh conf
:
:
controller E1 3/0
 framing NO-CRC4                  <-- the same as FR switch framing
 clock source line		  <-- I'm not sure, it is default.
 channel-group 0 timeslots 1      <-- Configure 30 channel-groups
 channel-group 1 timeslots 2
 channel-group 2 timeslots 3
 channel-group 3 timeslots 4
 channel-group 4 timeslots
5
:
:
interface Serial3/0:2
 description *** P 02
 ip address 10.0.2.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip mroute-cache
 no fair-queue
!
interface Serial3/0:1
 description *** P 01
 ip address 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip mroute-cache
 no fair-queue
!
interface Serial3/0:0
 description *** P 00
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip mroute-cache
 bandwidth 56000
!
:
:
After configuration from Cisco Router, I made "Lport(Logical Port)" on
F-R switch, and
setup PVC(s) with this Lport.

But "line protocol" on Cisco side never 'up'.. (down)

#sh int s3/0:0
Serial3/0:0 is up, line protocol is down
  Hardware is cxBus E1
  Internet address is 10.0.0.1/24
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 56000 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, rely 255/255, load
1/255
  Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set, keepalive set (10 sec)
  Last input never, output 00:00:02, output hang never
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     159911 packets output, 3838135 bytes, 0 underruns
     5 carrier transitions no alarm present
  Timeslot(s) Used:1, Transmitter delay is 0 flags, transmit queue
length 0

At Frame Relay switch side, the operation status of Lport is 'up'.

Is there any missing on building direct connection between each
channelized
interfaces. (without any TELCO devices).

Any comments appreicates...

Regards,,,

--Jaeho Yang
  jhyang@nuri.net