Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) MAX TNT TAOS 8.0.2 SOFTWARE

         Will we ever get a production release that fixes TR 7550?  I was
assured it was fixed in 8.0.1, but after loading it onto one of our TNT's
found that our users were still unable to connect via DOV.  After going
back to the engineering build that it does work in, and causing a half hour
downtime for those customers, we got them back online.  The response from
Lucent support was 'Whoops'.  It was also stated that they were 'insisting'
that it be fixed in 8.0.2.  Well, here it is now, and I still see no signs
in the release notes that 7550 was addressed in this revision.
         For those unfamiliar with TR 7550, it is a problem that makes any
DOV calls coming into the TNT over PRI to be handed off to the csmx and
csm3v cards as a voice call, even if the DNIS is set up as strictly
digital.  This causes the call to be answered by a modem instead of an HDLC
controller.

Tim

At 09:03 AM 4/10/00, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>TAOS 8.0.2 software for the MAX TNT can be obtained from Customer Support and
>will be released to Manufacturing. This release contains the following:
>
>New features:
>* Support for DS3-ATM2 card
>
>Firmware versions:
>* Series56 Digital Modem cards (also called CSM/1, TNT-SL-48MOD-S56)
>support V2.0982-K56_2M_DLP_CSM firmware.
>* Series56 II Digital Modem cards (also called CSM/3, TNT-SL-48MOD-SGL and
>TNT-SL-48MOD-S-C) support V5.817 firmware.
>* Series56 III Digital Modem cards (also called CSM/3V,
>TNT-SL-48MODV3-S-C) support V5.8174 firmware.
>* 48-port MultiDSP cards (TNTP-SL-ADI-C or TNTV-SL-ADI-C) support Lucent
>V0.1617.0 firmware.
>* 96-port MultiDSP cards (APX8-SL-96DSP) support Lucent V0.1617.0 firmware.
>
>Corrections:
>TR Problem corrected
>---- -----------------
>4047 MAX TNT was not reporting correct service type for V.120.
>4427 When a Connection profile was assigned from a VRouter to the global
>VRouter, the local-route entry was not released from the VRouter's routing
>table.
>5483 E1/R2 intermittently failed to send expected signaling to the central
>office switch.
>5505 Connections with the same interface address or Ascend-PPP-Address
>RADIUS attribute value did not work properly after the first connection
>terminated.
>5659 Proxy ARP problem occurred when system was configured with two
>different Ethernet interfaces on the same segment and proxy-mode was set
>to active on both interfaces.
>5682 V42bis compression for PHS calls was disabled.
>5698 Radstat command and SNMP object radAuthCurrentServerFlag.N could show
>the incorrect value for the current RADIUS authentication server.
>258937 Terminal-server Ping command was enabled when user's permission
>level should have disabled it.
>6000044 A data filter applied to an Ethernet interface on a slot card did
>not take effect after the port's link state was bounced.
>6000060 Filters were sometimes applied improperly to subsequent channels
>of multilink PPP connections.
>6000125 Radius Accounting Acct-Session-Id record included a trailing 0x00
>even when EXTERNAL-AUTH:rad-acct-client:acct-radius-compat was set to
>vendor-specific.
>6000152 When operating as L2TP access concentrator (LAC), the MAX TNT
>reported incorrect Acct-Input-Octets, Acct-Output-Octets,
>Acct-Input-Packets, and Acct-Output-Packets values for incoming PPP calls
>authenticated via CLID or DNIS.6000158 RADIUS accounting packets
>
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

Tim Seibert ( seibertt@supernet.com )
SuperNet, a OneMain.com Company
"Your Hometown Internet"    1-87SUPERNET (1-877-873-7638)
http://www.supernet.com       http://www.onemain.com