Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) OSPF on Max problems?

Hi,
	I have just implemented OSPF on our Maxes, the problem I am having is,
that when one of our clients dialins which he is assigned a class C to
himself, say for example he dialled in on max1, he hangs up and reconnects
to max2, a traceroute to one of his ips on the class he was assigned, shows
a routing loop at our router, as it doesnt know what to do with it.

If i reset the OSPF session, it works fine.  Any ideas as to why OSPF wont
update its database?  It is talking to a cisco 4500 as its neighbour along
with the other max.  Everything the debug information looks ok, and the
databse looks fine on the cisco too.

eg :

6 max2.satlink.com.au (x.x.x.x) 89 ms 85 ms 70 ms
7 gw1.mel.satlink.com.au (x.x.x.x) 105 ms * 51 ms

It keeps doing that for about 20 hops, then stops, its looping in other words

Any help appreciated.

---
Cheers,

R. Strachan