Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) PAP and CHAP with TNT

The problem with CHAP is that we have 9000 subscribers and have been doing
PAP from day one with shadow passwords...ALL passwords are currently
encrypted so putting them in a users file will take months to try to
capture the passwords on top of which having a file full of plain text ids
and passwords is somewhat of a security risk...that was the whole reason
behind shadow passwords and encryption on /etc/passwd.

Jim Williams                  Ntrnet Systems, Inc.
President/CEO                 Research Triangle Park, NC
jaw12@ntrnet.net              (919)484-0504 fax(919)484-0782