Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) PAP and CHAP with TNT

Jim Williams wrote:

> The problem with CHAP is that we have 9000 subscribers and have been doing
> PAP from day one with shadow passwords...ALL passwords are currently
> encrypted so putting them in a users file will take months to try to
> capture the passwords on top of which having a file full of plain text ids
> and passwords is somewhat of a security risk...that was the whole reason
> behind shadow passwords and encryption on /etc/passwd.

So if I got that right, the TNTs are not administered by you but by
UUnet. The UUnet TNTs contact your RADIUS server for authentication.
UUnets TNT do chap and pap. And you have encrypted passwords on your
radius servers.

In that case I guess you have no possibilty. At least non I know of. :-(

Oliver.
--
Oliver Stettner        | mailto:os@landshut.org
Laendgasse 120         | http://www.landshut.org/members/os/