Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) MAX 4002 won't link to PRI

RE: Connecting a 4002 to a PRI

I've configured roughly 200 Ascend Pipeline
ISDN routers over the last three years for our
remote offices, but this is my first experience with a MAX.
I'm trying to get it to link up
to a PRI. The telco (USWest) can see the integrated
CSU, but the framing is bad.
In order for the 4002 to link to a PRI, you have to
load the hash code provided by Ascend.

type "esc[esc="
get the ">" prompt
load the hash file using the "send Ascii" option in
CRT, procomm plus or some other com program over serial.

Once this is done, the T-1 WAN port is supposed to be ready to
recognize ISDN (PRI) signalling.

I noticed the MAX couldn't handle the send ASCII option, as is evidenced by
the error outputs below. It looks like it couldn't keep up with the speed
of the ASCII send.
So, I entered all the commands manually and it accepted them.

revision 0 1 10 9261303 IdHeMsE~@AT}Qb
urevision command: command complete.
p > date 7 1023 4 lVmWhA`MeSqOtP
uupdate command: command complete.
p > date 8 65521 0 TAU@P6X:]dI8LG
pupdate command: command complete.
t >  35 1 y|x}kugp9deaz
ERROR:  Command not found
u > pdate 14
update command: invalid arg 2!

Again, when I entered all the commands manually it accepted them.
Also, the serial # for the HASH does match the serial # for the router,
as is required.

The PRI is ESF, B8ZS.
I put these parameters in the menu:

10-000 Net/T1
10-100 Line Config
10-101
Line 1
Sig Mode=ISDN
Switch Type AT&T
Framing Mode=ESF
Encoding=B8ZS
Buildout=7.5db
Clock Source=yes

All of which was confirmed as matching on USWest's end, but they still show
the framing
as bad.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks