Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Asking for something fairly basic

>From: "Eli Caul" <isaac@twoleaf.com>
>
>I need a basic idea of how to set up interface-based routing in a
>Pipeline130 for FR WAN - I have all the T1 stuff set (And Carrier is up),
>but as always the odd Ascend Wan Alias stuff confuses me.

LAN Adrs is the far side's Ethernet address, if known. If unknown, us
the far side's interface address.
WAN Alias is the far side's interface address. If you put that in LAN
Adrs, leave this blank.
IF Adrs is your interface address.

Don't forget to stand on one leg and hum, or this won't work.

>I have the connection profile set well enough to convince the Pipe to bring
>up Carrier/LAN session up, and the details escape me.  I've also been up for
>almost 18 hours on my 'day job', which is why I'm just sorta rolling over
>and asking for help here.  Ascend's website used to have a nice guide for
>this (I've done a few using that document, and don't have access to it now)
>but it's been absorbed into the Lucent realm.

Try http://www.esight.com/ in the Pipeline 130 section. Everything
from aos.ascend.com should be there, as a Lucent rep recently pointed
out to me.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/