Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Wierd problem with Max 4060 and ETSI (OR30)

Hi people, I hope someone can help me here.

I have a Max 4060 (firmware 7.0.1 feik.m40), which has been operating
flawlessly (uptime 253 days), on two ISDN/Primary rate (E1) lines

For reasons I won't go into, that was changed today, to two Onramp/30
(ETSI) lines. Still G.703, just that instead of the "Australian" ISDN,
it's now "NET 5".

My problem is that calls come in and circulate on all lines quite happily,
but calls that come in on the last 15 (approx, can't pin it down exactly)
channels of the second line, "dont work".

By "don't work", I mean the console display shows the call being accepted
on Line 2, Ch 25 (say), shows the callers ID, but the caller gets only
silence. Sometimes, if they wait, modem tones are presented after a delay
of up to 30 seonds or so. Of course, most modems have given up long before
then.

It's ONLY those lines though.

A "show modems" shows a healthy list of modems, with a pretty uniform mix
of Online and Idle states. I thought initially perhaps one whole 16-modem
card was fried, but doesn't look like it.

The telco has replaced the port at the exchange end, and the problem
remains exactly as it was.

I don't know where to look, or how to procede. Can anyone offer some
answers? I've been working on this now since 5am (it's now 10pm) and I'm
getting tired and frustrated.

Thanks,
RossW