Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) SNMP with Ascend TNT, measuring traffic

Hi there.

We have a DSL TND here with some cards in in (IDSL, SDSL and SDSL Data)

I have to measure now the traffic each connection is making ...

easy, I thought ...

the TNT has a ifEntry for each slot:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.15 = OCTET STRING: "SDSL Slot 1/15"
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.16 = OCTET STRING: "SDSL Slot 1/16"
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.17 = OCTET STRING: "IDSL Slot 3/1"
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.18 = OCTET STRING: "IDSL Slot 3/2"

so I get the ifInOctets and the ifOutOctects .....

BUT these values stay at 0 ... all of them ... anybody knows why?

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.15 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.16 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.17 = Counter: 0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.18 = Counter: 0

I mean this interfaces are up and make traffic ... the problem is i can't
get the values fcrom the other side, from the Pipelines, because on the
ethernet interface I also get local net traffic (logically) and it seems
that the WAN interfcaces are rotated in use ... so I can't use them ....

any hints?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Eggenberger Marc