Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Stable code for 6000 boxes

Howabout some responses to indicate what the most stable code is for the

6000 series.

    >>Ok.

I just want something that will answer both ISDN and analog calls on
incoming CT1's and PRI's with good connect rates and will stay
connected.
End user satisfaction is really all I want.

    >>I have been working with 7.0.22 for a while and it seemed like
pretty good stable code.

With 8.0.X, I get frequent disconnects with disconnect code "1" which
isn't documented anywhere I can find.  THis happens on all my 6000's.

    >>8.0.X has some new modem code in it, so I'm not sure how it
performs.  A disconnect code 1 says "Not applied to any call" (whatever
that means).  I think it's a generic code which means, I don't know how
to classify this kind of disconnect.

8.0.X also fails to initialize the modems correctly in the new CSMX
cards..  (I only have one with the new cards, so I can't confirm this to

be a consistent issue with multiple boxes)

    >>Not sure about this since I don't have any CSMX cards.

7.2.4 starts dumping modems to the Pending 195 list after a while.  This

happens on multiple boxes.

    >>This would probably happen on 7.0.22 as well and I have sent you
something on why the Pending 195 list happens.  I haven't worked with
7.2.4 so I can't tell you how stable it is, but I do know it's got the
same Conexant (formerly Rockwell) code as 7.0.22.

I'm now downgrading to 7.0.22 to see what it does.

    >>Hopefully it works well for you.

Thanks,
- Del