Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) TCP-IP "stalling" or stops routing on max6k

The next time the problem occurs to a particular user, the things I
would do to troubleshoot this are:

Drop into terminal server and issue these commands:

show users
show ip route
show arp

You can get the IP address of the problem user and then from the routing
table, you can see if the route is correct for that user.  If you want
to see if the user's ping packets are making it to the Max, you have
turn on this command in Diagnostics mode:

wandsess <username> 64

For example, if the username (as appears in "show users") is 'testuser',
then the command would be...

wandsess testuser 64

To turn it off, issue this command...

wandsess testuser 0

This will isolate packets only coming from this user (not everyone like
the 'wandisp' command would).  Have the user ping something beyond the
Max and see if you see any RECV packets.  This might help isolate where
the fault is.

Oh, and regarding your other question...

How does one access this type of info (seen posted to this list):
> MODEMDRV-3/0: _postTask: expected response not received

...it just appears by itself (unsolicited) upon boot up of the Max only
when the modem card fails to come up for some reason.  When you first go
into Diagnostics mode, you'll see this, but after that the buffer in
Diagnostics mode gets cleared so you don't see it again unless the Max
is rebooted and the modem card fails to come up again.

Hi all,
I have gleaned much information from this list in the past.  I hope
someone out there might be familiar with this problem:

Analog/v90/v34 user connects fine and at good line speed.
They surf for a while then the connection locks up.
They cant ping beyond their gateway (the MAX 6096) so they lose
DNS resolution, and all other IP sources.
Connection is still up, it is not a disconnect problem.
They just are not passing/routing the data.

Here are specifics:
Max6096 and 4 PRIs
load tck.m60
happend with ver 7.0.22 & 7.2.4 (running 7.2.4 now)

I have my vendor support looking at a syslog capture from the weekend
but they dont see anything wrong yet.

How does one access this type of info (seen posted to this list):
> MODEMDRV-3/0: _postTask: expected response not received
> MODEMDRV-3/15: _postTask: expected response not received
Is it at the diag prompt?  How to get it?
Any suggestions on diagnosing the problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.  Lucent support told me to go to ver 8.
Based on other 8.x postings, I dont want to do that.

Thanks,
Scott Boggs