Re: [TCLUG:1152] cable modems from mediaone

Quoting Nate Carlson (natecars@infiniteloop.com):
> DSL, on the other hand, will run pretty good as long as the ISP has a
> decent ratio on the lines coming in. I would look at getting the line from
> USWest (obviously), but then getting the internet access through a
> different provider such as Vector (www.visi.com) or Sihope
> (www.sihope.com). These will give you exactly what you want for a fair
> price, where USWest would never design a custom pricing plan or anything
> "hard" like that for one individual.

The trick is to get DSL approved. I am reaching over 100 check with only 1
certification. I am not sure if USWest is playing game or it DSL is
not deployed as widely as the marketing hype of USWest says it is.

The sihope people think USWest is playing games, they have a suit
pending.