RE: [TCLUG:1152] cable modems from mediaone

I agree about USWest playing games...

When they started, they said that your home had to be 18,000 ft. from your
home's phone switch. When I found out that I was 16,000 ft, I was quite
excited. Then they dropped it to 15,000 ft. ("technical difficulties"), so I
couldn't get access. Bummer, but they said that they would have repeater
technology within a month or two. That was in April, I think (whenever
Strictly Business was). I've been calling every 4 weeks since then. Always
the same answer: "try back next month...

I don't have a problem with the technology itself. It's a new technology
that is still experiencing growing pains. Some of this stuff is to be
expected. The part that I'm miffed about is that they've had me hanging this
whole time. If there's one thing I've learned about business, it's that if
there's $$$ involved, they WILL find a way to make it happen. If half of
what I've heard is true, there is enough interest in DSL for USWest to make
a killing. What's going on?

Sorry...didn't mean to waste so much bandwidth, but I appreciate letting me
vent. It's time for this month's call...

Neal