Re: [TCLUG:3624] A new subscriber...

Take a look at the card.  Some of the chips on it will have markings,
i.e., Trident 8900c, MGA2164W, or something like that.  Write them down,
for the two or three largest chips, anyway.  Assuming that you have
another system to use for the net for now, go to your favorite search
engine & input what you wrote down, one at a time.  You will probably
find information which will help you determine the manufacturer/model of
the card, or else the chipset is what X is looking for, and you will
have determined which letter/number combo is the chipset.  Good Luck.