Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

RCD broken...

A while back RCDs got broken.  If you stick a line like:

dist.E.help:  uhh, like help or something

in your .netrekrc, it should change the RCD for generic distress.  But with
version 1.5 (1999/11/22) of feature.c, it doesn't work.  You will see the
default distress, because the server doesn't think you have RCD support.  Try
it on gfcl.net (new server) and on continuum (old server).

This is because the feature.c code is really messed up for RCD.  The variable
that tells if your client has RCDs or not is gen_distress in the player
structure, and not F_rc_distress, which is never used.  There was a special
case in the feature packet code that would turn on me->gen_distress for the
RC_DISTRESS packet which got disabled when F_rc_distress was added.

I'm going to fix it now.  I'm also going to move the cambot stuff and the
shipvals stuff in data.c outside of #ifdef RCD because it has nothing to do
with RCDs.  Looks like someone wasn't paying much attention to where they were
adding their code.