Re: (ASCEND) Cisco MAX

Hi !

> Don't take this as the be-all/end-all of answers, but the official word
> from cisco is that you could setup a cisco to dial a MAX, but it would not
> work the other way around.  I was told this by cisco quite some time ago,
> so you might want to contact cisco support and verify this, as it may have
> changed or it may only apply to one model type.

well if you get some promises from cisco/ascend/3com etc, put them in the
next dustbin you find... if a company has more than 50% in his business
they dont care for their customers...

The Problem is, that (ask hell why :-) you see the caller-IDs WITHOUT
the leading 0, if you are using NET3. The Telco dont sent you this 0.

For reaching the max, you put in you BRI of your cisco something like

Interface BRI0
 dialer map ip 192.168.1.1 name seicom-demo 071217095

to avoid your cisco, to dial-out when the max calls in, put in a second line
 dialer map ip 192.168.1.1 name seicom-demo 71217095

the first line is for outdial and the second one only used, when the first
fails...the incoming call without leading 0 will match, because the
second line has the right number..

> > - has somebody out there had a similar problem and
> >   what is the reason for this behaviour ?
incoming number <> outgoing number..

the next problem is: in germany and many other countries, the ext.
number is dialed directly.

e.h our office uis   07121 / 9770 - 0
    out fax is       07121 / 9770 - 19
    etc..

so the telco assigned us 9770 - X while X can be from 10 to 99 (0 is the
main number).

Ascend doent take care, what number is sent out. The extension number is
generated from the router/telephone/pbx etc.., but ascend and cisco dont
care. The other side only seed the number, the telco has assigned to you,
in our case the other end seed 07121 9770 or 7121 9770 0...

to sum it up:

              cisco----------max

cisco calls                  sees 7121 9770 - 0 or 07121 9770-0
max calls    cisco sees 7121 9770  or 07121 9770

if the E1 Port is Germany, the CALLED systems sees the first 0, othwerwise
not...

it took us very long to find this out...

Winfried