Re: (ASCEND) 6.0 vs 5.0

> On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:
>
> >  I may be wrong, But I believe that is included in the upcomming 6.0
> > code, Can anyone confirm this?
>
> Speaking of 6.0...  what's your interpretation of 6.0's performance
> vs. 5.0's?  I'm thinking about upgrading a few office 4000s to 6.0b4
> (or whatever's the latest) but i'm wondering if there's any OSPF
> improvements, etc.

Big problem I have had with 6.0b loads, is that they will stop
answering calls after about 60 mins uptime. The Maxen will take the
call, but the modem doesn't talk to the client end.

Also, the PRI (E1) will tend to just stick in busy, and will not
come back up, no matter how many times I force it to go A1S from my
end. Resetting it from the telco end fixed it for about 20 mins, and
then it stopped answering calls again.

The PRI shows as up (L1/TE) in the line status window, but if you
dial, it rings busy.

This is on an E1 PRI, with ISDN signalling running from a Nokia
switch, MAX 4000 load eik.m40 6.0b1 and 6.0b2.

A colleague tells me that we had a similar problem with one of the
5.0Ai loads which incorporated T-Online support for the PRIs, a
good few months ago, and a TR was opened about this at the time.

Is anyone running the T1 PRI loads having similar hassle?

I'm running 5.0Ap36 on my production boxes at the moment - I seem to
get a lot of line drops and poor V34 connects with p38 and p42
(something to do with 1.160T Rockwell code, I think).

As far as OSPF goes, I don't use it at the moment, so I can't help
you there.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes - Network Services         mike@dircon.net