Re: (ASCEND) The comparison of 4048 to PM3

At 10:47 PM 2/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I was kinda curious why no one has really made a comment on the
>comparison of the 4048 to the PM3. If those numbers are right why would
>anyone buy a 4048? If the numbers aren't right why isn't ascend doing
>anything about it? I am a happy ascend customer but, this is the first
>I've seen of numbers like the comparison charts. Those charts only show
>23 channels going, how about 48? I am just getting ready to buy 2 more
>4048's should I be looking at PM3's instead. Any insight on this would be
>greatful. I would really like ascend to tell us all something like the
>tests were not done right on something.

 Having not yet visited the "Test Site" reference, I also was amazed of the
Dif.  I think since the tests do refer to how it handles a PRI Circuit (24
channels or more typical 23 and 1 D), I would assume the same would be the
results for "each" PRI, so the 2nd PRI would preform - throughput wise -
the same as the 1st PRI.  I will still be getting by the Test Site here
sooner or later to check out the details, but would also liek to know what
Ascend Corp/Sales/Tech have to comment on the test results and/or if they
have had a similar testing done by themselves.  Considering that you would
have 23 users, at least connected at up to 53.6K Max speed, it would appear
to me that 100,000K Bps is a serious limitation, yet none of my users are
complaining that I've heard of and I routinely have our 4048 maxed out with
47 Users on at the higher speeds on the two PRI's on the unit.

***** Top Net InterNet Services *****
  Visit Our BBS at: www.hawgwild.com

Follow-Ups: References: