Re: (ASCEND) Stable Ver for max4000's

We've had minimal problems running 5.0Ap42 ti.m40 on our setup.  All our
maxen run OSPF, while 3 maxen stack 6 PRI worth of ISDN calls for dialup
users, and also support 4-5 PRI for analog customers.  The only problem we
have is that the maxen that stack across chasis and run OSPF have a higher
mortality rate than those that just run OSPF.  I plan to call a nice
gentleman named Robert from Ascend to figure out the cause of the FE29,
and hopefully it will be resolved soon.  I must also mention that we've
stayed away from running k56 modems until there was a standard, so we're
still running mod-8 v.34 cards.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Praying 6.0 will be as great an improvement over 5.0 as 5.0 was to 4.x.