RE: (ASCEND) Ascend-Third-Prompt

> Do anyone know how to handle input for Ascend-Third-Prompt attribute?  I
> use it as a check item in my merit radius's user file to check for the
> user's input.  But it seems doesn't work.  Any idea!

Well, since in the dim and distant past this feature was added as
compatibility for us, I should know how it works - but I cannot remember.
Hopefully one of my colleagues could find the details, but as some
background - we run our own RADIUS server, very loosely based on the
Livingston code (I think most of the original code went out the window), and
the use we make of it is as follows:

	login: username
	Password:
	Protocol: ppp,idle=600

Where the "Protocol: " prompt is the third prompt, and we use it to supply
further information to the RADIUS server regarding the users requirements in
the initial exchange. This is different from the challenge-response way of
doing things, as by then the login/password has already gone to the server.
Netcom (and others I am sure) do this by tagging stuff on after the
username:

	login: username,slip,...

or whatever. We did not have that luxury, as we started our service before
most, and all on a SCO UNIX system - we had no OS code and used modified
/bin/login and /bin/getty programs. Ahh, those were the days.

The third prompt is passed (this is from memory sadly) to the RADIUS server
in the first request, along with the login name and password - I suspect you
will have to add code that checks and responds to this in the Merit server.

Good luck.

Peter