Re: (ASCEND) ASCEND EUROPEAN SALES/MAINTENANCE SUPPORT

At 10:15 AM 6/4/98 +0100, Ian Cowley wrote:
>Kevin,
>Despite all 'virtual' appearances, those of us out here in the cold (ie
>across the big pond (Atlantic)) shouldn't really be encouraged to get
>out our oil lamps give tham a rub and out pops the genie 'Kevin" or his
>mate 'Matt.

My idea was that if the sales channels are broken, let me know and we
can do something about it. I'm not offering to do the shipping, or
even fix it, but I can act as the interference internally....

>Your sales dept, or overseas one man and dog training dept, needs to
>remember that the world is not restricted to those locations that play
>World Series Baseball.  European Networking is growing by about 50% a
>year and Cisco are claiming a massive chunk of that through excellent
>sales support and channel manangement.  They are also helped by p155
>poor competition.

Despite your experiences, I should point out that we do have a very large
presence in various parts of Europe and other parts of the world. I don't
think too many of those even know what WorldSeriesBaseball is.

>Here endeth the lesson according to Cowley!
>
>Sorry about the venting!

No - it's worth my time to take that and turn it into something constructive!

>You guys seem to be the only 'customer orientated' set up in Ascend
>(IMHO as seen from Europe), though new boy David Hansen (Digital
>relationship manager?) seems to be keen.

Actually that's just because of the visibility we get. There are MANY others
hidden behind closed doors, in closets (oops that could be taken the wrong
way since Ellen....oh never mind) working very hard to ensure that our
International customers' voices are heard as loudly as those domestic.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.