Re: (ASCEND) USR Modem Problems??

I run 5 maxen (all flavors of the 40XX series) and have the same problems.
I think this issue to be well known, as it comes up from time to time on
the list.  The thing that gets me is that no one at Ascend has addressed
this on the list (as far as I have seen).  USR is probably the most
popular modem out there, and if there were problems you would think that
they would have had them fixed ASAP.  I know that this problem has
persisted since at least the early 5.0 releases.

With the blanket USR problems, and now the botched up V.90 code, I can't
see myself staying with Ascend, and many others agree.  Unless both of
these issues are resolved before I am finished evaluating comparable 3com
and Cisco solutions, this customer is leaving the Ascend scene.

Scott Daffron
Systems Engineer
Pinnacle Online