RE: (ASCEND) RADIUS & MAXen - access question

Michael,

Although we're not doing this, if you're using Ascend's Access-Control
RADIUS server, you should be able to do it with the "NAS-IP-Address"
attribute.

The Access-Control manual isn't clear, but it looks as though you can
only specify a single NAS-IP-Address per user.  Thus for your students,
specify the NAS-IP-Address of the max4000 and for staff, don't specify
one at all.  This will ensure your students can only authenticate via
the 4000 and the staff can come in any way they please.  So a student
profile would look like....

	username        Crypt-Password = "Kkl8nasd_29bakJ"
		NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.1.1,
		Service-Type = Framed-User,
		Framed-Protocol = PPP,
		Ascend-Maximum-Call-Duration = 120

As I say, I'm not actually using this so I'm not sure whether it works,
but it's exactly the behaviour described in the manual.  Let me know
whether it works.

Regards,
Chris