Re: (ASCEND) Ascend and Siemens HICOM

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 09:47:27AM +0200, Karsten Koepp wrote:

> can anyone help me with information concerning Ascend cooperating with
> Hicom-ISDN-equipment? Hicom provides Euro-ISDN (NET 3).

*Uuuaahhh*

Allow me a little grin. Siemens PBXes (at least those I know) provide
something that remotely smells like NET3. For an Q.931 illiterate it
may even remotely look like DSS1. But it is something else. It is the
"no-it-wont-work" type of "we say we can provide an internal S0, but
dont expect it to be compatible with the telco" messages often not found
from PBX manufacturers while they should be there.

> Max 4000 at the BRI-Interfaces sometimes doesn't hang up properly, so
> the lines are locked until the interface is reset. As well, callback

Are you sure your HiCom doesn't lose D-channel frames ? Known HiCom
phenomenon, muted to death by Siemens, but if you know it they come
and change the cards without a word.

> between Max 4000 and P50 doesn't work at all with HICOM dial-up connections.

Your HiCom is unable to deal with two B-channels opened under the same
MSN (Number). You thus very likely suffer from the B channel reservation
problem.

> We have had these problems throughout software releases 4.6 to 6.0.2. As I
> heard,
> the problems have been known for a while.

PBX "wannabe-S0" are known for a while, yep. Your only chance to get
rid of this is to tweak your PBX technician until he gets this working.
This requires serious tweaking, especially for HiCom.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   Xlink PoP Dresden | o |