Re: (ASCEND) P50 to P50 Bridge stays open on NT Lan

Dr Beneicke-

Dr. Wolfgang Beneicke wrote:

> There have been multiple posts on this subject. I really wonder why
> ASCEND doesn't put a BIG BIG FAQ on the website titled "Why NT is bad
> for your ISDN bill and what to do about it"

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, it really is a
popular subject, and I'd hate to add bandwidth on
an old subject. However, each of the things you've
mentioned I've tried. It appears that in bridging,
there are many more broadcasts on perhaps the
ethernet level that are not getting addressed.

I'd like (although I'm not wedded to the idea
completely) to keep this a simple bridge setup. Is
it not possible to read the hex dump at call time
from the P50 to see exactly what broadcast was
made, and then simply make a custom call filter to
keep those bcasts from bringing up the link? My
problem is deciphering the actual hex dump to do
something with it.

Again, thanks for your speedy reply.

Best,

Tim