(ASCEND) Lots of concerns... PLEASE READ!

Hey all,

I'm getting tired of handling helpdesk calls from users who get "Unable to
negotiate compatible set of protocols" when they dial up to me.

I go through the release notes on the various 6.0.x releases, and some of
them advise against running them on a box with stacking enabled.

I've heard of other releases that had problems with OSFP.

Then, there's the good old 5.0Ap series, but that doesn't support analog
multi-link PPP.

Does anyone know if Ascend is going to release something soon that will
allow me to sleep at night, knowing that there are enough IP addresses for
everyone?

How about knowing that our 2 line customers will be able to connect both
channels accross chassis?

Can I assume that OSFP won't be broken anytime soon?

What should I tell my users who've been waiting patiently for V.90 for the
last month or so?

On less critical topics:

When will the max 4k code be able to talk to my telco's switch properly?
I'd really like to be able to queisce a trunk, and know that users won't
get a fast busy after the next disconnect (yeah, I've been over this
several times with the telco).

I got 4 PRIs in a group.  All of them are ISDN, NI-2, ESF, B8ZS.  I want
to bring 1 and 3 into one MAX, then 2 and 4 into a second MAX.  The second
PRI keeps dropping when I do this.  I even harrassed Bell Atlantic for a
week, asking them to check and recheck their config.  They insist that
each PRI has it's own D channel.  Yet, as soon as there's any traffic on
the second PRI, it goes down.  Problem solved when I put 1 and 2 on the
same box.  Is this a known problem with the Max 4k and NI-2 PRI lines?  If
so, when will it be fixed?

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services