(ASCEND) max4048 with PRIs

	Hello, I have a max 4048 with the 56k modems in it that did
have 2 ct1's going into it. Recently I had the ct1's switched over
to PRI. Now, before I hear the regular modem negotiation tones, I hear
a 3 second "busy type" tone. Its not a busy signal, but and unbroken
3 second tone, after which the modems seem to negotiate fine. I called
ascend to see if I could do something to get rid of the tone, but they
said talk to the telco, which I did. Telco says it sounds like an
analog converter, and to refer to the equipment manufacturer. Nothing
can be more fun in dial-up than the ping pong effect that occurs
when dealing with telcos and equipment manufacturers. I was wondering if
anyone out there had seen this before, and if there was something I could
do to remedy it. Seems most people can log in fine, I am just a little
worried that it might mess with some folks connecting. Any feedback
will be appriciated. Oh, BTW its running 5.0Ap36.

robw@dnai.com