Re: (ASCEND) max4048 with PRIs

Thats normal....  What few customers do have problems with this (modem problems
not psychological problems) usually we have them add 5 or so commas to their
phone number to make it wait before attempting to negotiate, something like
this:
ATDT555-1212,,,,,
That normally fixes it.. You may need to vary the number of commas depending on
the speed of your telco's switching.  Basically, your mileage may vary....

Rob Williams wrote:

>         Hello, I have a max 4048 with the 56k modems in it that did
> have 2 ct1's going into it. Recently I had the ct1's switched over
> to PRI. Now, before I hear the regular modem negotiation tones, I hear
> a 3 second "busy type" tone. Its not a busy signal, but and unbroken
> 3 second tone, after which the modems seem to negotiate fine. I called
> ascend to see if I could do something to get rid of the tone, but they
> said talk to the telco, which I did. Telco says it sounds like an
> analog converter, and to refer to the equipment manufacturer. Nothing
> can be more fun in dial-up than the ping pong effect that occurs
> when dealing with telcos and equipment manufacturers. I was wondering if
> anyone out there had seen this before, and if there was something I could
> do to remedy it. Seems most people can log in fine, I am just a little
> worried that it might mess with some folks connecting. Any feedback
> will be appriciated. Oh, BTW its running 5.0Ap36.
>
> robw@dnai.com
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505
-- ICQ:601237 '94 Kat 750

-- PHONESIA (fo nee' zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone
-- number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.